- Payment is required for the transfer at the time of booking. It is possible in certain cases for part payment to be made, but this will be decided on a case by case basis. Ski-Lifts Ltd will produce written confirmation of the details regarding the booking by email following the initial payment. Such payment is strictly non-refundable except in circumstances where Ski-Lifts Ltd, due to causes beyond its control, cancels or, at its absolute discretion, agrees to cancel the booking.
- Where two or more people are included on the same booking, the person purchasing the booking shall be deemed to do so on the basis that he/she acts as an agent for both or all members of the party and accepts these booking conditions on behalf of each member of the party.
- Where a booking is made by telephone, the booking is subject to, and the client accepts, Ski-Lifts Ltd’s Terms and Conditions.
- Where Ski-Lifts Ltd book for travel on services provided by operators other than Ski-Lifts Ltd we do so as agents for the operator concerned whose own conditions of carriage will apply and our liability will be confined to travel on our own services (See Clause 43).
- The confirmation email is your ticket. This must be presented to your driver for both the outward and return trip.
- It is the responsibility of the customer that all the information on their Ski-Lifts Ltd booking confirmation is correct. Ski-Lifts Ltd accepts no responsibility for incorrect information given by a customer that results in either a flight being missed or a driver failing to be at the arrival airport in question to pick-up up a customer(s).
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide a contact mobile telephone number at the time of booking and that this number is switched on and working at the time of travel. Ski-Lifts is not responsible for any issues the occur in the delivery of the transfer service as result of the customer failing to do so.
- The destination and pick-up addresses on your confirmation are the address to which you will be delivered and picked up. Should you wish to change these or any other details, this must be done via your customer login at least 2 days prior to the date of travel. If Ski-Lifts Ltd does not receive details of your new accommodation location within this time you may have to be dropped off at the tourist information office in the relevant resort.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to have a valid address or directions with them to their accommodation once in resort. The driver may know the specific accommodation, and in this case you will be taken straight there. However in the case that neither customer nor driver know the exact location of the accommodation the driver will attempt to locate the accommodation for a period not exceeding 10 minutes, but after that will have no option but to leave customers at the resort’s tourist office (whether it is open or closed).
- By choosing to book a shared transfer the customer confirms that they have read fully the transfer description on the booking process and that they understand the rules that govern that transfer type in relation to timetables, waiting times at the airport or pick up times in resort for departure transfers.
- The customer may request specific pickup times or drop off times at the airport that do not relate to flight times. For private transfers Ski-Lifts Ltd will meet you at this time. For shared transfers you agree to wait for up to one hour from the your specified pick up time.
- All luggage must be clearly labelled with the owners name and destination address. Customers are limited to two items of luggage (one usual holiday luggage bag and small hand luggage bag), and a ski or snowboard bag. Any excess luggage must be declared at the time of booking. In the event of a client having excess luggage, Ski-Lifts Ltd reserves the right to charge an excess baggage allowance, or refuse to transport the items.
- Ski-Lifts provide free carriage of bikes (only when correctly packaged and boxed) or golf clubs, but these must be specified at the time of booking.
- Ski-Lifts Ltd reserves the right (and delegates to its drivers the right) to refuse to carry any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or whose behaviour is considered to pose a threat to the chauffeur, the vehicle or the other passenger(s).
- Customers who soil the interior of a van due to excess alcohol consumption, or drugs, are liable to an on the spot fine of 150 euros. This fine is payable immediately to the Ski-Lifts Ltd driver. If the customer refuses to pay, or has no money with which to pay, then a 150 euros valet cleaning fee will be taken on the credit card which was used to pay the airport transfer.
- Parents, or minders (or friends over 18 years) of children and adolescents under the age of 18 years, are responsible for the conduct of these minors while in the Ski-Lifts Ltd vehicles, and will be held responsible for any damage caused by the aforementioned minors.
- Any damage caused to a Ski-Lifts vehicle by a customer must be paid for immediately. If payment cannot, or will not, be made then Ski-Lifts Ltd will be forced to take legal action against the customer(s) in question.
- Passengers are not permitted, by law, to consume alcoholic beverages in our vehicles.
- Smoking is not permitted in Ski-Lifts vehicles.
- Ski-Lifts schedule transfers to arrive at the airport not less than 2-hours before the flight departure time under normal conditions. A customer requesting to leave later than the reccomended time provided y Ski-Lifts does so entirely at their own risk and Ski-Lifts will not be held accountable for a missed flight as a result of this decision.
- Ski-Lifts Ltd will use every reasonable means to ensure that the vehicle(s) arrives on time to begin the period of hire and that it reaches its destination on time. Ski-Lifts Ltd will not incur any liability whatsoever in the event of any delay due to causes beyond its control. The following clause outlines examples of circumstances which are not within our control:
- Accidents causing delays to the vehicle.
Exceptional or severe weather conditions.
Compliance with requests of the police.
Deaths and accidents on the road.
Vandalism and terrorism.
Unforeseen traffic delays.
Industrial action by third parties.
Problems caused by other customers.
The vehicle being held or delayed by a police officer or government official.
Other circumstances affecting passenger safety.
- In the event that Ski-Lifts are unable to reach a customer for his pickup time due to bad weather or road conditions, the customer must attempt to make his/her own way to a suitable, safe pickup point. Ski-Lifts Ltd will assist with advice in this matter if necessary and will try to give customers advance warning whenever possible. However if this situation causes a delay in getting to the new pickup point at the agreed time, Ski-Lifts Ltd may in some instances have to fit the customer into the next available transfer. This will be decided on a case by case basis, at the sole discretion of Ski-Lifts Ltd management.
- If Ski-Lifts fails for any reason within our control to deliver its passengers to their confirmed destination, Ski-Lifts Ltd will provide suitable transport such as another coach, train, private car, taxi etc. Any reimbursement made by Ski-Lifts Ltd for the costs of an alternative means of transport incurred by the passenger to get to their ticketed destination shall be no more than the cost of getting to that destination by taxi.
- In the situation that the customer is not at a specified meeting point at the arranged time (excluding flight arrivals), the driver will wait for a MAXIMUM of 5 minutes (shared transfers), and a MAXIMUM of 10 minutes (private transfers). After this time the customer will be deemed a no show and Ski-Lifts will give no refund for the transfer.
- Cancelled Flights: In the event of a flight being cancelled, the customer is deemed to have missed their transfer. If an alternative flight is arranged, then the customer would need to make a new booking for a transfer at full cost, subject to availability of transfers. Ski-Lifts ltd will provide a statement for the customer, stating that they were unable to travel on the original booking, which may be used to make a claim on their travel insurance.
In situations where the customer informs Ski-Lifts of the flight cancellation before the scheduled flight arrival time and it is possible for us to offer an alternative transfer option for the customer, we will endeavour to do so. There may be an additional cost associated with providing this new service or, the alternative transfer offered may not be the same as what was originally booked. Any other journeys on the same booking are unaffected and are still valid as originally booked.
- Delayed Flights: We request that you notify us by telephone, to the number on your booking confirmation, as soon as you become aware of any incoming flight delays greater than one hour.
- We request that you keep us informed by telephone of any delays in collecting luggage, or of lost luggage, which may cause a delay to your booked transfer. A customer failing to notify Ski-Lifts of a delay may miss their transfer as it will be assumed that they did not travel. It is the responsibility of the airline, not Ski-Lifts, to deliver any lost luggage to the customer.
- For delays at the airport of more than 60 minutes, or if you fail to notify us of a delay in advance, we cannot guarantee that a representative will be able to meet you directly at the airport upon arrival and you may be subject to waiting time until a vehicle becomes available and your transfer can depart. In extreme cases, this could be the following day.
- If a flight is delayed by more than 90 minutes from its scheduled arrival time, and it is possible for the booked service to wait for you within that days transfer schedule, then we reserve the right to charge a supplement of 20.00 euros per each extra hour (or part thereof) for any booking for up to 8 passengers, or 40.00 euros per each extra hour (or part thereof) for any booking for 9 passenger or more, from the time the flight was originally scheduled to arrive. Where possible we will endeavour to waive this charge, but this is entirely at our discretion. In those circumstances where it is necessary to enforce the charge then it is payable directly to your driver before leaving the airport. Where possible, you may opt to join a shared transfer, at no extra charge, if there is one leaving the airport sooner than a private vehicle becoming available.
- If you do not wish to wait for a vehicle to become available and you decide to make your own alternative travel arrangements we will not refund the money paid for your original transfer or contribute towards any alternative travel costs you incur. We will however on request, provide you with a written statement, as to why any additional costs were incurred, which you may be able to use to make a claim on your travel insurance.
- In the case that a customer is unable to take their transfer as a result of delayed, cancelled or missed flights and the customer incurs additional costs arranging alternative travel arrangements because of this, Ski-Lifts will provide on request a written statement as to the reason these additional costs were incurred, but will not be held responsible for any of these additional costs nor will Ski-LIfts provide any refund for the originally booked service.
- In the case of extremely adverse weather conditions, Ski-Lifts Ltd may be forced to explore other transport options for customers. This will only arise when there is a substantial risk to the customer and driver involved in attempting the journey, and this decision will rest solely with the management of Ski-Lifts Ltd. Payment for any extra transport taken will be made by the customer, however Ski-Lifts Ltd. will happily provide documentation to aid the customer in claiming back any payments from their holiday insurance provider.
- Customers arriving on the French side of Geneva airport must make your own way to the Swiss side of the airport.
- Occasionally, when travelling on any of our Shared services, you may be required to change vehicules at a safe location en-route to your destiantion.
- If customers on a shared transfer are booked to go to Avoriaz, AND Avoriaz cablecar, all parties will be dropped off in Avoriaz. If any customers do not wish to be dropped off in Avoriaz, they will have to wait until the driver has been to Avoriaz before they can be taken to the cablecar.
- Where any transfer (shared or private) is allocated with a collection or dropoff in Vallorcine, this transfer is subject to the Col du Montets being open. In the event that the Col is impassable due to snow conditions, the passenger will be dropped off or collected from the Train Station in Argentiere.
- In the situation that a customer orders a special seat for their child or baby, Ski-Lifts Ltd. will supply this seat free of charge. The seat will be allocated to the customer on the basis of the weight group that they have informed Ski-Lifts Ltd. that each child will be between at the time of travel, this information can be seen on the booking form or can be requested from Ski-Lifts. Ski-Lifts Ltd. will bring a seat on the transfer that is kitemarked to be suitable for a child of said weight. In the case that there is any dispute over the suitability of the chair, Ski-Lifts Ltd. will not be held accountable for difference of opinion. To save this occurrence, parents are recommended to bring their own child seats if there is any confusion.
- Vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims. However, whilst every care is always taken, customers' property is carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage. Customers are therefore advised to check their own holiday insurance.
- Customers are entitled to cancel the ticket by email. Cancellations must be made at least 14 days before the time of travel. In the event of a cancellation by the customer, Ski-Lifts, at its absolute discretion, may refund a proportion of the money subject to a deduction of bank, and administrative charges. The client will receive an email confirming the cancellation.
- Some corporate account holders with Ski-Lifts Ltd may choose to be invoiced for services provided. All invoices must be settled according to the terms stated on the invoice.
- Ski-Lifts Ltd shall only be liable for any reasonable and foreseeable consequential losses arising directly out of a breach in contract.
- When booking your transfer service with any other operator, we have a duty to select suppliers of transfer services using reasonable skill and care. We have no liability to you for the actual provision of the transfer services (unless it is proved that we have breached our duty to use reasonable care in selecting the third party supplier and you have incurred loss or damage as a result).
We, and each of our group companies, officers and employees exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that you may incur (including any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, loss of opportunity, loss of anticipated savings, wasted management or office time and whether in tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable) in connection with your booking; the transfer services; and/or your use of the Website.
We exclude all representations and warranties relating to the transfer services that you have booked through us to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Our liability to each passenger, except in cases involving death or personal injury, shall be limited to a maximum of twice the cost of each passenger’s booking for the transfer services.
- The customer is strongly recommended to have holiday insurance. In the case that previously mentioned reasons for transfer delays occur – causing missed flights and other such costly events – Ski-Lifts Ltd will not be held liable for the cost of any of this. Ski-Lifts Ltd will, however provide documentation to the customer that can be used as proof to their insurance provider in order to recoup any money lost. In situations where Ski-Lifts are proved to be negligent, the customer will be offered discounts from further services – this decision will be solely at the discretion of the management of Ski-Lifts Ltd.
- Nothing can affect the consumers' statutory rights.
- Ski-Lifts Ltd’s terms and conditions are governed by UK Law.
- Any dispute between Ski-Lifts Ltd and a third party, if not resolved by mutual agreement shall be referred to a mediator. However, if mediation is unsuccessful, then the matter of the dispute will be referred to a formal litigation process through the UK courts.
- Any issues relating to the service provided by Ski-Lifts ltd should be put in writing and emailed to email@example.com. Ski-Lifts will endeavour to reply to all emails within seven days of their receipt.