Portes du Soleil Lift Opening Dates for the 2013/14 Season
Winter is in the air here in the Portes du Soleil! Following a hot summer and rainy September, temperatures are now dropping steadily. Whilst the very first flakes dusted rooftops in Avoriaz in September, it looks like the first significant snowfall of the winter is set to arrive this week. So it seems like a fitting time to be looking at lift openings and airport transfer start dates for the coming winter season!
The first lifts in the Portes du Soleil are due to open in the Pre-la-Joux area of Chatel at weekends from 30thNovember. Avoriaz, Morzine and Lets Gets follow with partial openings on 14th December 2013. The full Portes du Soleil ski area will then be open from 21st December.
Following the record-breaking snowfall in Avoriaz last winter, the 13/14 ski season has been extended by an additional week. Avoriaz will remain open until 27th April 2014, so despite Easter falling late next year (April 20th) holiday makers will still be able to ski in Easter week (snow-permitting).
Ski Lifts will be starting our shared transfers from Geneva airport to Morzine, Avoriaz and Les Gets from 14thDecember. Private transfers are available year-round.
Following high demand for many dates in the 202/13 season, we would like to encourage our customers to book their transfers from Geneva airport early this year to ensure they secure their preferred dates.
- Chatel – Partial openings on the weekends of 30th Nov/1st Dec and 7th/8th Dec (Pre-la-Joux area only and snow permitting).
- Morzine & Les Gets ski lifts are partially open (Pleney and Chavannes) from the 14th December 2013(snow permitting) and then fully open from the 21st December 2013 – 21st April 2014
- Avoriaz ski lifts are open from the 14th December 2013 – 27th April 2014 (partial openings in the first and last weeks)
- Ski Lifts shared transfers to Morzine, Avoriaz and Les Gets start from 14th December 2013
- The Portes du Soleil ski area will be open daily from 21st December 2013 to 27th April 2014
We’ll follow up over the coming weeks with more information on lift opening dates for other resorts and areas throughout Europe, but many high altititude glacier resorts are already open so if you simply can’t wait to get on the snow until December then get yourself out there – we are offering transfers right now!
The Ski-Lifts Team