Contribute to Our Blog!
Want to share your passion for skiing/snowboarding with our community? You can get published on the Ski-Lifts blog!
We’re always looking for new authors who want to share information about various topics relevant to skiing and ski travel. Through our blog, we aim to contribute to the growth and development of the global skiing community by sharing useful information on ski resorts, personal stories, interviews with pro skiers, news, as well as a variety of articles on ski gear, equipment, accessories, and all-around snow sports travel. We welcome you to be a part of this continuous goal!
By contributing to our blog, you will be able to make your voice heard and share your experience and expertise with snow sports communities and avid travellers worldwide. Should you have any suggestions about our blog or our site, please feel free to let us know! Whenever possible, we’ll do our best to respond and implement your ideas in a timely manner.
If you’d like to see your work posted on our site, pitch your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow the guidelines below and we’ll reply within 3 (three) days.
Ready to create and submit your content? Follow these 4 easy steps:
1. Choose a category for your article/blog post.
- Ski/Snowboarding Tips e.g. How to get fit for the ski season etc.
- Ski/Snowboarding News e.g. The ‘Mini Shred Movement’ Snowboarding with Small Children etc.
- Ski/Snowboarding Travel Destinations e.g. The Best Ski Resorts for Beginners in Colorado, The Best End of Season Events in the Alps etc.
- Ski/Snowboarding Travel Destinations Top Lists e.g. 10 Reasons you should go on a ski holiday to Canada, 10 Ski Resorts in the Alps with Guaranteed Snow etc.
- Ski/Snowboarding Resort Tips e.g. 10 Things Not to Do in a Ski Resort, What is Proper Ski Resort Etiquette? etc.
- Skier/Snowboarder Personal Stories e.g.: How Skiing Changed My Life, etc.
Feel free to share any new ideas with us!
2. Create an article/blog post that meets the guidelines.
Please keep your article between 800 to 1,500 words (including image captions and title).
Note: With the permission of the author, Ski-Lifts would require the right to edit the submitted guest article/blog post as necessary.
Provide 5 clear, hi-resolution pictures;
- Pictures should be related to the topics discussed in the article itself;
- List image sources (to avoid copyright infringement). Please submit caption and image credit.
Include links within the article/ post:
- The article or blog post should contain a maximum of 3 links.
- The links can be to the website’s/blog’s URL or a specific page/post on the website/blog.
- The links may also be used to cite a source.
- The links should always benefit or add value for readers. They should fit in context and provide with relevant/useful information.
- For businesses/companies/websites that do not directly compete with Ski-Lifts, a link to the site’s or blog’s homepage is allowed.
3. Include an author’s bio.
Before you send your article, please be sure to also include a brief bio/boilerplate about the author. This excerpt will be posted on the bottom of the published article/blog post.
E.g. Nathan is a writer for Ski-Lifts, a transfer website which specialises in airport transfers to ski resorts across Europe & North America. He is also a passionate traveller, keen beginner skier and food lover.
4. Sharing to website/blog and social media.
Once published, Ski-Lifts will share your article/blog post on its social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest & Instagram).
In exchange, we request for our guest bloggers/websites to link back to our homepage and/or landing page.