Current vehicle safety rules for transfers this ski season 2020/2021
With the new ski season around the corner, we know how passionate our customers are about hitting the slopes again, and so are we! Due to the current situation, the way of travelling has changed the last couple months, and we’ve taken steps to ensure a safe journey for our customers and employees, working to prevent any unforeseen situation and guarantee a hassle-free airport transfer.
With that said, we’ve implemented specific rules and restrictions in all our transfers. With these new measures, we’ll ensure your journey is as safe as possible, and we outline these for you below.
Please note that the following could be amended through regulation and/or best practice over the summer but we will keep you informed of any changes as soon as possible.
General vehicle rules – as of 10/09/2020
- Passengers will need to load their own luggage unless they have mobility issues
- Passengers will be asked to clean their hands with alcohol gel provided on entry to the vehicle
- All passengers to wear face-covering for the duration of the journey – please bring your own face masks
- Disposable seat covers may be available on request
- Passengers are not permitted to sit next to the driver
- Drivers may be separated from passengers by a screen
- Enhanced daily cleaning procedures of all vehicles
- Enhanced cleaning and airing of vehicles between transfers
- Skis and snowboards continue to be welcomed at no extra charge providing they are booked in advance
- Child seats continue to be available on request at no extra charge
Occupancy levels are currently reduced for shared transfers, with up to 5 people with bikes or 7 people without bikes being allowed to travel in the same vehicle.
Waiting times – shared services only
In order to manage with potentially lower volumes of travellers, waiting times have reluctantly been increased, to avoid any increases in the cost of your journey. We will always do our best to limit waiting times and with restricted flight schedules, we believe that there will be some natural grouping.
- Groups of 3 or more, the waiting times may be up to 3.5 hours.
- Passengers travelling alone or in a group of 2 will be accepted on the basis that they will need to wait to join other groups. We are unable to guarantee a maximum waiting time.
Due to the uncertainties at this time, all bookings for shared transfers are accepted on the basis that if the increased waiting times are not financially viable due to low demand, we reserve the right to amend or remove the service.
As usual, there are no waiting times and will suit larger groups travelling together. However, with no seating next to the driver, the occupancy level for a Private Transfer is slightly reduced.
- Vehicles with a normal capacity of 8 passengers + driver are reduced to 6 passengers travelling to the same property.
- Larger vehicles with a capacity of 13 passengers + driver are reduced to 8 passengers with bicycles or 10 passengers without, all travelling to the same property.
Also, we’ve updated our cancellation policies, so from now on, all our transfers come with our Hassle-Free COVID-19 Guarantee! In the event of any officially announced government travel restrictions, Ski Lifts has reduced their cancellation up to 72 hours or less.
We hope these will help us provide you with the safest possible transfer as we’re sure everyone is eager to hit the slopes. Please get in contact with a member of our team at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns and we look forward to seeing you this winter.