Job Title: Operations Team Leader
Permanent Contract: 40 hour/week, CDI Contract with immediate start
Responsible to Head of Operations
Location: Morzine, France
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join a rapidly expanding, established travel business. Lifts-To is a leading transfer booking agent acting as an intermediary between transfer suppliers and customers. Launched as Ski-Lifts in 2003, our talented team and custom in- house system enabled strong growth in the ski industry and additional sectors such as golf and cruise. Our business now provides transfer coverage in all European Ski resorts as well as popular North American resorts – that’s coverage in 24 countries and 300 ski resorts resorts.
As Operations Team Leader you will be working alongside the Deputy Head of Operations to ensure the smooth and efficient running of all transfers and delivery of excellent customer service levels. You will be responsible for helping to recruit, train, and monitor the performance of a Morzine based Operations team.
You will be responsible for recruiting and managing our Geneva airport rep team. You will be expected to work at the airport at weekends during the ski season managing all transfers operating from Geneva Airport whilst delivering an excellent customer service experience to all customers.
You have excellent communication (written & verbal), critical thinking and problem-solving skills. You will adapt to differing situations, work well in high pressure environments have a good level of stress tolerance with the ability to use your initiative, multi-task and problem solve under time sensitive situations. You have an intrinsically conscientious and collaborative attitude to work and teammates with a ‘can-do’ attitude and determination to complete the task at hand.
Minimum 2 years’ experience within travel industry (Tour Operator, travel/booking agent, in-resort experience).
Minimum 1 year experience of team management (recruitment, training, and mentoring).
Your focus will be;
- Working with the Operations leadership team to ensure we provide exceptional customer service and uphold the company SLAs
- Responsible for the smooth operation of arrival transfers on weekends at Geneva Airport throughout the ski season, managing a small team of airport representatives and liaising with both suppliers and customers face to face, from our desk in the arrivals hall
- Managing shared email inboxes for all brands; ensuring all emails are responded to in line with company SLAs, channel communications to the right department or teammate, resolving all issues and answering any questions.
- Dealing with emails and phone calls within a timely and efficient manner. Covering on-call shifts (which will be out of normal office hours)
- Booking management; answering phone calls and emails. Working from our bespoke booking system to; generate quotes; create bookings; take payments; update bookings; confirm pick-up times
- Operational duties: resolving issues, communicating pick-up times and vital booking information. Communicating feedback to the customer care department
- Ensuring that all information required for suppliers and customers is communicated and collated to guarantee transfers run as efficiently and up to the standards required
- Taking ownership of issues but working as a team member where applicable
- Maintaining open communication with all teammates; we share tasks and collaborate as a team to ensure we are delivering the best, most efficient service possible
- Delivering excellent customer service at all times
- Fluent English to native level (both written and spoken)
- French language skills
- Any other languages a benefit
- Customer service experience– either customer facing or by phone/email within a similar environment (call centre, booking agent, resort rep. etc)
- Email and phone experience within a professional environment
- Computer literate with experience on booking systems, excel and emails
- Experience and knowledge of the transfer industry
- Knowledge and skills related to various areas of travel industry (Ski, Golf, Cruise, Corporate etc)
- ‘On-call’ experience
- Ski-resort knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to make quick, well-informed decisions in line with company SLAs
Please note this Job Description can be adjusted at any time and does not reflect all duties of the role.
- Contract length: CDI
- Expected start date: Immediate
- 40 Hours per week
- Salary: 30-32,000 EUR Brut Annually, depending on experience
- Contract includes a local Morzine/Avoriaz/Les Gets lift pass.
- Overtime is paid at 25% extra per hour.
- For any hours worked at Geneva Airport, your wage will be topped up to Swiss minimum hourly wage.
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Why book your airport transfer with us?
100% free cancellation
7 days before you travel. Plus our Covid Guarantee.
In case you’re delayed or need our help
No hidden fees
Skis, child seats, luggage and amendments are all included.
Earn Money off your next holiday transfer (ski, golf, cruise & more)
Over 200+ ski resort destinations
Multiple World Ski Award Winners. 'World Best Ski Transfer Operator'.