Ski-Lifts Limited Agency Terms and Conditions
Except where otherwise specified, we, Ski-Lifts Limited of 76 King Street, Manchester, M2 4NH, United Kingdom act only as an agent in respect of all bookings we take and/or make on your behalf. We accept no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel arrangements or other services you purchase (“Arrangements”) or for the acts or omissions of any supplier or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any Arrangements. For all Arrangements, your contract will be with the supplier of the Arrangements in question (the ‘Supplier/Principal’).When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the applicable Supplier/Principal of the Arrangements. Your booking with us is subject to these Agency Terms and Conditions and the specific booking conditions of the relevant Supplier/Principal(s) you contract with and you are advised to read both carefully prior to booking. The Supplier/Principal’s booking conditions may limit and/or exclude the Supplier/Principal’s liability to you. Copies of applicable conditions are available on request from us.
You may decide to book multiple Arrangements with us at the same time. The price charged in total for multiple component bookings will always equal the prices charged separately for each individual component. All Arrangements are available to be purchased separately at the same price as they would be if you made multiple bookings. This means that any multiple component bookings do not constitute a package as defined in the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992.
By making a booking with us, you agree that you:
- have read these Agency Terms & Conditions and agree to be bound by them;
- are over 18 years of age and where placing an order for services with age restrictions you declare that you and all members of your party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services;
- accept financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
- Booking and payment In order to make a booking with us, you must make payment in full at the time of booking. You must also pay all applicable insurance premiums and booking fees. Your booking is confirmed and a contract between you and the Supplier/Principal will exist when we send you confirmation on their behalf.
Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to us immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport. As we act only as a booking agent, we have no responsibility for any errors in any documentation except where an error is made by us.
Except where otherwise advised or stated in the booking conditions of the Supplier/Principal concerned, all monies you pay to us for Arrangements will be held on behalf of the Supplier/Principal and forwarded on to the Supplier/Principal in accordance with our agreement with them.
- Prices We reserve the right to amend advertised prices at any time. We also reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. Special note: changes and errors sometimes occur. You must check the price of your chosen Arrangements at the time of booking.
- Insurance You are strongly recommended to take out personal travel insurance for all members of your party. Some Supplier/Principals require that you do so. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is adequate and appropriate for your particular needs. Please read your policy details on receipt and take them with you on holiday.
- Special requests If you have any special requests, please let us know at the time of booking. We will pass on all such requests to the Supplier/Principal, but we can’t guarantee that they will be met and we will have no liability to you if they are not.
- Changes and Cancellations by youAny cancellation or amendment request must be sent to us in writing, by email, or submitted through our online booking system and will take effect at the time we receive it. Please ensure that you have received written confirmation of any changes to your booking prior to travel.
Whilst we will try to assist, we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met. Amendments and cancellations can only be accepted in accordance with the booking conditions of the Supplier/Principal of your Arrangements. The Supplier/Principal may charge the cancellation or amendment charges shown in their booking conditions (which may be as much as100% of the cost of the Arrangements and will normally increase closer to the date of departure).
As a guide, most Supplier/Principals offer the following cancellation charges:
|Period before departure||Cancellation Charge|
|More than 7 days||0%|
|7 days or less||100%|
Therefore, in the event you cancel your booking more 7 days before departure, you will generally be entitled to a full refund from the Supplier/Principal. However, no refund will be payable by the Supplier/Principal in the event you cancel within 7 days of departure. We will notify you at the time of booking if the cancellation charges applicable to your booking differ from those above.
Please note: some Supplier/Principals do not allow changes and therefore full cancellation charges will apply.
- Changes and Cancellations by the Supplier/PrincipalWe will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if the Supplier/Principal needs to make a significant change to your confirmed Arrangements or to cancel them. We will also liaise between you and the Supplier/Principal in relation to any alternative arrangements offered by the supplier but we will have no further liability to you.
- Our responsibility for your bookingYour contract is with the Supplier/Principal and its booking conditions apply. As agent, we accept no responsibility for theactual provision of the Arrangements. Our responsibilities are limited to making the booking in accordance with your instructions. We accept no responsibility for any information about the Arrangements that we pass on to you in good faith. However, in the event that we are found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, our maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of the commission we earn on your booking (or the appropriate proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected). We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury that arises as a result of our negligence or that of any of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
- ComplaintsIf you have a problem with your Arrangements whilst using them, you must contact us on the emergency contact number provided in your booking confirmation. We will then liaise with the Supplier/Principal to resolve the issue. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity for the Supplier/Principal to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may, therefore, be reduced or extinguished as a result.
If you wish to complain when you return home, you can write to us and we will forward this on to the Supplier/Principal. Please note that since we act as agent, we shall only liaise between you and the Supplier/Principal in good faith, we shall not be liable to you for any refunds or compensation and these cannot be paid without the Supplier/Principal’s authorisation.
If you wish to complain about any service we have provided to you (i.e. our booking service) then please contact us directly.
You can access the European Commission Online Dispute (ODR) Resolution platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
- Law and JurisdictionThese Agency Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction (unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in which case you can bring proceedings in your local court under Scottish or Northern Irish law, as applicable).
- Documentation & Information All descriptions and content on our website or otherwise issued by us is done so on behalf of the Supplier/Principal in question are intended to present a general idea of the services provided by the Supplier/Principal. Not all details of the relevant services can be included on our website. All services shown are subject to availability. If you require any further details, in respect of any Arrangements or any other services please contact us.
- Useful Information:
12.1 Child Seats The EU directive 2003/20/EC states that children must use an appropriate child seat until they reach 12 years of age or until they reach a height of 135 cm. Most Supplier/Principals can provide appropriate child seats free of charge, as long as they are requested by you at the time of booking. For children up to 19KG we suggest you request a ‘Baby Seat’ and for children over 19KG select a ‘Child Seat’.
Failure to request an appropriate child seat at the time of booking, or to bring your own child seat, will mean that the Supplier/Principal is unable to provide the transfer as booked, as they cannot legally transport the child without the correct seat. In these circumstances, you will not be eligible for a refund or any alternative transfer.
For the avoidance of doubt, we recommend that you bring your own child seat if one is required.
On certain transfer types (Coach, Scheduled Shuttles) where vehicles over 8 passenger seats are used, it may not be possible for the Supplier/Principal to provide child seats. Please be aware that where this is the case, it is not a legal requirement to use such a seat. If you would like to confirm in advance of travel whether a child seat can be provided, please contact us.
We request that you enter the age of any children travelling on the Reservation System when making a booking. Please be aware that entering the age of a child is not a request for a child seat for them, this is only done by specifically requesting a child seat when making your booking. If you enter the age of a child but do not request a child seat as well, we will assume that you are bringing your own child seat with you.
12.2 Child Pricing All children and infants count towards the occupancy of the vehicle, regardless of age and thus should be included in the total number of passengers at the time of booking. We can provide child seats free of charge if specified on the booking form, but where possible we recommend that you bring your own.
12.3 Baggage allowance and declaration
All baggage must be clearly labelled with the owner’s name and the destination address. Each passenger named on the written confirmation is entitled to have carried with him on the relevant transfers up to two items of baggage, i.e. one suitcase which should not exceed 70cm x 40cm x 20cm and one piece of hand luggage. Carriage of any baggage exceeding these measurements will be subject to available baggage hold space and may be declined.
If a passenger requires carriage of baggage in excess of this allowance (e.g. suitcases exceeding the maximum permitted size, skis, golf clubs, snowboards, bikes in bike boxes or bags, wheelchairs/scooters etc) we must be informed at the time of booking. Ski or snowboard bags should not exceed 190cm in length and the maximum size for bikes (when packed in a bag or box) is a length of 160cm, height of 100cm and width of 40cm.
Supplier/Principals reserve the right to make a charge for excess or oversize baggage, which must be paid prior to transportation or to refuse carriage of the excess items if not agreed at the time of the booking.