We caught up with Peter, the Winner of a Holiday to Morzine
After winning the World’s Best Transfer Operator at the World Ski Awards 2017 for the third year in a row, we decided to celebrate in style. To thank all our loyal customers, we decided to host our biggest giveaway yet; a holiday for 2 in Morzine, France. This incredible prize included:
- Return flights from any UK airport to Geneva Airport
- Return Airport Transfers from Geneva Airport to Chalet Zephyr courtesy of Ski-Lifts. Door-to-door transfer from the winner’s home to the airport was also offered if they lived in the London area.
- 7 nights catered accommodation at Chalet Zephyr, just outside Morzine, provided by Ski Cosy. This included a hearty breakfast with hot options, afternoon tea with delicious home-made cakes, canapes, and a 3-course meal with wine. In addition, there was a private shuttle service to and from the ski lifts, plus maid service.
- Two 7-day Portes Du Soleil Lifts passes proved by the Mozine lift pass office.
- Ski or Snowboard hire for the entire 7 days courtesy of Snowell
- A pair of Panda Optic Funnel Black Ski Goggles provided of Panda Optics
- Ski-lessons or guiding provided by Ski Podium so the winner could make the most of their trip.
With such an amazing prize, the giveaway generated a huge amount of interest. Although there could only be one winner of the free holiday for 2 to Morzine…
So who won the ski trip to Morzine? The lucky entrant was Peter Davis…
The holiday took place from 20th January 2018 to 27th January 2018 so, whilst he was recovering from his holiday, we caught up with Peter to find out how it went.
The Flights & Transfers
Peter and his lucky travel partner Jon flew directly from Manchester to Geneva Airport. The flights and transfers were provided by ourselves. The transfer from Geneva Airport to Morzine went smoothly, and Peter said that “the driver handled the dicey conditions without any fuss”.
Provided by Ski Cosy Chalets, Peter and Jon stayed at Chalet Zephyr for the entire 7 nights on a catered basis. When we talked about the Chalet, Peter said that he has “never experienced such great service” with the hosts providing “fantastic food”, advice and transport to the slopes. The pair made full use of the facilities, especially the pool table and hot tub, and were even treated to a log fire every night!
Courtesy of Snowell, Peter and Jon had ski-hire arranged for their entire stay in Morzine. Describing his Rossignol skis as “diamond standard”, Peter said that the shop was conveniently located just 100m from the Pleney gondola and they were able to store their skis overnight for no extra cost.
Panda Optics kindly proved a pair of Panda Optics Funnel Goggles that proved to be perfect for Peter’s trip. The conditions in Morzine on the first day of the holiday were great, and Peter said, “the low light lenses on the Panda Optics Funnel Goggles were definitely needed”.
Courtesy of Ski Podium, Peter and Jon were booked in for a 3-hour lesson. Despite some wet conditions, Peter said that their instructor helped “make the whole skiing process seem simple”, and enjoyable because of “the great service” they received.
Luckily, Morzine experienced beautiful blue skies for the rest of the trip, letting Peter and Jon make the most of their 7-day Portes Du Soleil Lift passes, provided by the Morzine Lift Pass Office. Describing Avoriaz as “spectacular”, the pair tried to visit all the ski areas but “enjoyed some runs so much [they] just had to keep doing them!”. We don’t blame them!
It sounds like Peter and Jon had an amazing time in Morzine!